I was tagged by the flawless, apple pie sidramatic
Rule 1: Always post rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, And write ten new ones.
Rule 3: Tag ten people and link them here.
Rule 4: Tell them you tagged them.
- - -
Right, so, my ten questions:
1. What’s the best night you’ve ever lived?
This is too difficult to answer because I know some of my best nights have yet to be lived. In middle school it was seeing *NSYNC in concert. Freshmen year of high school it was seeing The Strokes. Junior year of high school it would be when my wonderfully fantastic boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend. College it was graduation. Multiple summers spent traveling in Europe and South Africa definitely make up some of my best nights. IT’S HARD TO CHOOSE ONE. I’ve had a few “best” nights.
2. What do you usually have for breakfast?
I usually rotate oatmeal with almonds and dried blueberries and cranberries, greek yogurt with granola and berries, or GF toast with peanut butter and honey.
3. What’s one story of your life that never fails to make you happy, even in the difficult days?
The opportunities I’ve been given to travel. I’m lucky to have a Dutch grandmother that is still very much connected to her Dutch heritage and family. Traveling with her to Europe and the Netherlands is always an adventure and I always see something new.
4. What’s one book (or film or TV programme) which you should be absolutely embarrassed to own (but you aren’t because it’s the best)?
5. If you had the chance to move somewhere, anywhere, supposing money, people, time, language, etc. are not problem, where would that be?
6. You’ve the chance to get one language instantly downloaded in your brain. What language is it?
7. If you could be the main character of any film, what film would that be?
Andy, The Devil Wears Prada purely for the clothes not the abuse.
8. In which hand do you wear your watch? (if you don’t wear a watch, imagine you do).
9. You can have any painting in the world hung over your bed -what painting would it be?
Van Gogh - Starry Night (Why is anyone surprised?) SIDRA. SOULMATES.
10. What’s your favourite jam flavour?
Raspberry or blackberry (with seeds). OMG SIDRA we’re so similar.
Okay, my questions.
1. What is the proudest moment of your life?
College graduation. Felt good to be surrounded by friends and family for that one.
2. What is something you learned about yourself, or learned to like about yourself this year?
I am a bit of a control freak. When things don’t go according to plan or someone’s late, etc. it bothers me more than it should.
3. Describe your ideal date/night.
Great food and great company
4. Right handed or left?
5. Where were you born? Do you still live there?
Southern California. I do!
6. Someone gives you 5,000$ in trip vouchers. Where do you go?
Japan, Indonesia, South Africa again
7. Do you believe in love?
8. What is your favorite book?
Oh come on! Cop out but Harry Potter series, particularly Goblet of Fire
9. What is a skill or talent you have that most people don’t know about?
I’m a pretty swell tap dancer
10. Tell us a funny story.
I was at a restaurant in the Phoenix airport and when I’ve finished paying for my meal the cashier says “Thank you, sir.” I just walked away both confused and mildly insulted. That was GREAT. (not the funniest story but that’s all i have right now)
Since I have tagged no one I won’t add any questions :D Worst at quizzies award to moi.
tagged by this beautiful soul sidramatic
- Name: Amanda
- Nickname: mandapants
- Birthday: December 6
- Gender: F
- Sexuality: Straight. Really? Why does this matter.
- Height: 5’5”
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time
- What time and date is it there: August 26, 8:06 PM
- Average hours of sleep I get each night: 6
- OTPs: french fries/cookies
- The last thing I Googled was: OTP. LOL.
- First word that comes to mind: food
- What I last said to a family member: “See you on Friday”
- One place that makes me happy and why: Home. It’s where my family is
- How many blankets I sleep under: Depending on the season 0-2.
- Favourite beverage: Rarely drink it but I love Coke.
- The last movie I watched in the cinema was: 22 Jump Street
- Three things I can’t live without: phone, family, in n out. HA
- A piece of advice for all my followers: Don’t even try to control the things you can’t control.
- You have to listen to this song: Moments - De Lux
- My blog(s): sidramanda.tumblr.com (which I miss posting at oh so dearly) and this
Landon Donovan gave the USA the most memorable goal in World Cup history and I was lucky enough to be in that soccer stadium in Pretoria, South Africa to witness it myself. Here’s to one of the most celebrated U.S. soccer players. I wish we were cheering you on in Brazil.
Adam Driver by Steve Schofield for Vogue